Hello everybody 😀
I have been a member of the Unreal Old Friends (UOF) group since its inception. However, since the early days of UT4, I have remained the only active member of the group. We have a UOF Facebook page of which I am one of the administrators but since I am the only one to create and share stuff on this page, it was time to create my own Facebook page. UOF page won’t get any new stuff from now on from me so don’t hesitate to follow / subscribe on my new Facebook page 😉
DM-Oblevia, Part 2, Terra, a variant of the initial space version, is now available 😀 Head over the level page for all the details 🙂
Been a while I had an idea for a new version of DM-Oblevia, Part 2. This ‘Terra’ version is a variant of the initial space version. It take place on a planet, hence ‘Terra’, located in the middle of a rocky land.
The play area is exactly the same. The outside area is all new. Lighting as been reworked to fit the theme. This new version bring more color contrast and deeper black. I also enhance things like blocking volumes, reflections, sounds, added decals, fog, meshes, etc.
I’ve made changes in DM-Aryth. The changes are :
- Add and tweaks some lift exits, bots now use all lifts much better. There is 7 lifts in all so it make a damn huge gameplay improvement.
- Add few player start (pawns).
- Switch the KEG and UDamage.
- Enhance the overall architecture of the new UDamage area. It’s prettier and more dynamic.
- Enhance the reflections all over the place.
- Enhance the sky by adding subtle stars.
- Fix some lifts that still had the allow decals checkbox enable. In my case, it must be disable.
- Fix sound actor on all lifts so the sound come from the center of the platform instead of the side by default. Also add a invisible dynamic blocking volume under all lifts so players can’t stay under when the platform is going in reverse. Only exception is the lift that lead to the Lighting Gun which I couldn’t add one for various reasons.
- Fix the point of view position before starting the match. For few seconds, players saw beneath the level floors which was something I didn’t know how to fix.
- Made collisions changes to a massive bunch of static meshes.
- Move the 2 Link Gun ammo from the higher platform closer to the weapon base.
- Remade the preview screen.
- Reduce the map size from 164 MB to 123 MB! A 25% reduction 😀
- Tweak a huge amount of blocking volumes and add many more. This result in a layout screen not perfect but waaaaay more accurate than before! This step was very time consuming 😦
- Tweak main Post Process.
- Tweak some materials, textures assignments.
- Others minors things I forgot…
Did you know that the final version was released in august 2018 on Epic forums? Exactly 4 years later, you get the 1.4 version, funny coincidence 🙂 It took me 2 full day of work but it worth it 😀
I’ve made this little video :
CGlounge is a free CG asset sharing website that provides you with everything you need to create stunning 3D artworks.
You will find very good models, awesome materials, the website is fast and easy to use using a very modern look, the staff is super cool and there is also a Discord channel 😀
This new site as been added to my softwares and assets page 🙂
Well, today I’m 50!
…Half a century of life 😦
…Almost a quarter of a century of Unreal 🙂
This is not an April Fool’s Day joke, I was born April Fool’s Day 1972 in the morning.
…So I’m on the downward slope, just like my belly…
So officially, you can now call me an old fart 😀
Hello all 😀
I made a small change to all my levels which is the removal of the prefix in the level title you see ingame. I removed “CTF-” or “DM-” so the name will only be the level name now, like Epic levels. You can download them all on UTCC and my Google Drive as always 🙂
PS, furthermore, the hashes codes are part of the first section in all the levels page. I always add it before uploading the level to UTCC.
I’ve made some Post Process tweaks in DM-Aryth. Go at the map page to download it.
Enjoy the update 😀