Name: Mégane Winter Edition
Game type: Greed
Players: 10 – 20
Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
Released: 21 / 07 / 14
Downloads: GoogleDrive, MediaFire
Story / Histoire
Following the deconstruction of an office building, the board of directors of Mégane city decided to sell the site. The city approved several private companies to build a underground housing project. Therefore, countless fights took place between the different companies. Following their endless quarrels, it was decided by the board to abandon the idea. Since then, time has passed and winter has quietly installed itself.
Suite à la déconstruction d’un édifice à bureau, le conseil d’administration de la ville de Mégane a décidé de vendre le site. La ville a donné son approbation à plusieurs entreprises privées de construire un projet domiciliaire souterrain. Hors, d’innombrables disputes ont eu lieu entre les différentes entreprises. Par conséquent, suite à leurs querelles interminables, il a été décidé par le conseil d’administration d’abandonner l’idée. Depuis, le temps a passé puis l’hiver s’est tranquillement installé.
Extract the archive into “My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps” directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :
This is my first Winter map 🙂 Visually, I wanted to obtain a lifeless, cold environment. To reach my goal, I made a few master materials, then created a plethora of MIC’s to apply them on stock meshes. It was a tedious and very long process but I’m proud of the final look 😀 Gameplay wise, to accommodate the Greed game mode, I’ve made the following changes:
– Removed UDamage / KEG / all armors
– Put the flags where the UDamage was located
– Redone all playerstart
– Relocate all pickups (weapon base location + health + ammo)
– Open up the garage to add gameplay there (this area is blocked in DM near the Rocket Launcher). Had to readjust all collisions, blocking volumes and change some stuff a bit
– Remade all materials on BSP, meshes and terrain to add a snow and/or ice look
– Remade all ambient sounds to fit the winter atmosphere, reflect a cold lifeless place
– Remade the sky and sun materials
– Tweak the main lighting, heightfog and post-processing
– All the lanterns lights actors now emit orange lights instead of red and soft blue lights instead of dark blue
– Replaced most animated effects (smoke, water drops, etc) by falling snow, a custom made particle (your settings must be set to high quality to see it)
– Lowered the speed of rotating or moving objects
– Change the music track
The winter theme suits this map very nicely!
Playing the DM version of this map is awesome as hell, because it is a marvelous one and it makes a lot of fun. However, the Greed version of it is nicely done. I mean, that winter design looks very good and try to play this map with 32 players. It’s just pure madness, but kinda awesome! Keep up the good work and thank you very much for this one!
First of all congratulations to all the maps you’ve created! Thank you for continuing to give life to this game. Maybe I’m wrong, but it also appears in the list of CTF with both flags one above the other. How so? Thank you.
Hi & THX 😀
This Greed map can’t be played in CTF. It is normal a Greed map appear in the CTF map list because the game as been designed that way.
Both flags are located at the same spot for Greed. That is why they appear one above the other in CTF.
Map file named CTF-GRD-MyMap.ut3 are made to be played in Greed only.
Hope it is more clear now 🙂
10/08/2019 at 10:28 PM
Actually, this is the Winter Edition (WE) I tried. I believe 10 is enough for the Greed gametype and I like the slow falling snow. But remember kids, this map does not play well as standard CTF…lol (yes, don’t do what I did). Woohoo, tight factory fragging, watch out for those bumper posts, nice textures/meshes and music choice, good bots and great flow; lots of places to run, hide, come back, turn around, etc.; not a big fan of that one slow lift though. Good lighting and also liked the fans, steam, garage, wild central floor, and surrounding cityscape with black smoke. Also, a DM version.
Any chance you can change my name with capital S and capital M like it should appear. Not sure what happened when I created the account.
LikeLiked by 1 person