The least I can say about Jhosep Chevarria ‘Discovering Perú’ is that it is extremely impressive 😀 Absolutely lovely work!
Fun Rocket time in DM-Sarr 😀
Fun time playing Rocket Arena DM in DM-Akar CE 😀
An ingame mutator is permitted to replace all weapons by a selected one and the ammos also follows automatically. Rocket Arena gameplay is a mode that goes as far as the UT99 days so it’s nothing new but some levels are quite fun playing Rocket Arena or Sniper Arena or with any other weapons 😀
I’ve many updated to my YouTube channel since my first post. There is a link in the main right side bar that will lead you there.
All my levels have now a video of them. It can be tricks, matches or simply me browsing the environment alone. As I said before, these videos are a supplement. Those could help give older players a taste for replaying UT4 on levels other than those offered by default. Even new players will be able to appreciate the diversified and unique side that all these levels offer them for free even if on my side, many of them cost me real money 😮
I already received many comments, all positive so it make me happy 🙂 Adding a “like” and writing a comment are always the best way of showing appreciation and support for content creator 😉
DM-Y z e n is now final 😀 Please, leave your feedback at my level page. THX in advance 😉
For the final, those are the changes :
- Added sci-fi “buildings” outside the play area. After all, it’s a nuclear plant so some sort of structure with bridges and such are expected when looking at the windows. They will be visible only in high mode.
- Added a bit more decals in sector # 4.
- Added few deco meshes, mainly in sector # 2 & few pipes here and there.
- Added few dust particles, mostly at the lowest floor.
- Added a pair of jump boots. It add a lot to gameplay!
- All particles (dust, smoke, steam), as long as decals will be visible only playing in high mode.
- In some areas, we could see a tiny line of the exterior light all the way behind the meshes on the ceiling. I fix them all.
- Increased the suggested player count from 4 – 8 to 6 – 10.
- Tweaked few sound actors here and there. Add others too.
- Tweaked the skybox, there was a odd line in the middle of the sky mesh?
- Updated the preview screen.
- Added the readme.
And now, the videos 😀
Jump boots tricks :
DM gameplay :
TDM gameplay :
Rocket Arena gameplay :
Since october 2011, I have a YouTube channel, which I didn’t really put into use. I decided to record a video for each of my levels, nothing too complicated to then send them to YouTube. Which will allow me to effectively use my long-neglected YouTube account 🙂 There is a link in the main right side bar that will lead you there.
Although each level, in its page, already has images as well as all the description, these videos are a supplement and can be simply a short presentation of my levels, or tricks to draw strategic advantages from them or a game played, just where you can see some tricks in action 😀
In fact I do these uploads so that the game and my levels get more visibility. I’m ±60% done. This could help give older players a taste for replaying UT4 on levels other than those offered by default. Even new players will be able to appreciate the diversified and unique side that all these levels offer them for free even if on my side, many of them cost me real money 😮
I’ve made changes in DM-Aryth. The changes are :
- Add and tweaks some lift exits, bots now use all lifts much better. There is 7 lifts in all so it make a damn huge gameplay improvement.
- Add few player start (pawns).
- Switch the KEG and UDamage.
- Enhance the overall architecture of the new UDamage area. It’s prettier and more dynamic.
- Enhance the reflections all over the place.
- Enhance the sky by adding subtle stars.
- Fix some lifts that still had the allow decals checkbox enable. In my case, it must be disable.
- Fix sound actor on all lifts so the sound come from the center of the platform instead of the side by default. Also add a invisible dynamic blocking volume under all lifts so players can’t stay under when the platform is going in reverse. Only exception is the lift that lead to the Lighting Gun which I couldn’t add one for various reasons.
- Fix the point of view position before starting the match. For few seconds, players saw beneath the level floors which was something I didn’t know how to fix.
- Made collisions changes to a massive bunch of static meshes.
- Move the 2 Link Gun ammo from the higher platform closer to the weapon base.
- Remade the preview screen.
- Reduce the map size from 164 MB to 123 MB! A 25% reduction 😀
- Tweak a huge amount of blocking volumes and add many more. This result in a layout screen not perfect but waaaaay more accurate than before! This step was very time consuming 😦
- Tweak main Post Process.
- Tweak some materials, textures assignments.
- Others minors things I forgot…
Did you know that the final version was released in august 2018 on Epic forums? Exactly 4 years later, you get the 1.4 version, funny coincidence 🙂 It took me 2 full day of work but it worth it 😀
I’ve made this little video :