DM-Akar is the my new map I’m working on 😀
Akar is a remake of my DM-Mako L2 for UT3. It’s a small DM for 1on1 match, at max 2on2.
I’ve made the level completely from scratch in 2 days. I test it to make sure the scale is well adjusted to UT4 gameplay. Pickups are exactly at the same location as the original. The only change is the Enforcer replacement by the Lighting rifle.
This first release (alpha 1) is only for testing gameplay. For leaving a comment, I’ll appreciate you post it in this post or at Epic forums. THX!
A bit sooner that I expected, I’m announcing the release of DM-Aly and DM-Aryth 😀
Also, re-releasing DM-Delta and CTF-Infiltrate 🙂 Nothing major, rather little things that I wanted to fix (BV’s, materials and such).
For commenting the maps, please head over Epic forums :
Aryth Epic thread
Aly Epic thread
Infiltrate Epic thread
Delta Epic thread
Again, enjoy Aly / Aryth videos while downloading 😛
I’m very happy to announce the soon to be release DM-Aly and DM-Aryth maps 😀 In fact, I’ll release both the same day and it should be this week-end. My idea was to wait for the next game update, but I might wait forever… and would be the only one on the planet that play the maps. I put so much time on them that I don’t want to keep them only for myself, so, you will be able to play them too 😉
Also, I made some small updates to DM-Delta and CTF-Infiltrate. Nothing major, rather tiny things that I wanted to fix (BV’s, materials and such). I’ll also release new versions.
Meanwhile, enjoy the new videos :
DM-Aryth is the new level I’m working on since the last ±5 months.
A DM for 6 – 10 players. The next step is the audio since there is no sound at all in the level but it doesn’t matter in UE 4.15, simply because the audio isn’t captured with the video 😦 Still, I’m very happy with the actual result 😀 I’m curious to know what the community think about this first preview?
DM-Aryth is the my new map I’m working on 😀
A small DM for 2 – 6 players. I’m mostly done with the layout. Now I’m in the details to make the structure less plain. In the map page here, you’ll see what kind of structure I’m crafting 🙂 There are 11 additional pics.
FYI, there is only a skylight and a directional light. I didn’t bother working on materials yet so that is why the pics are in lighting mode only 😮
So after all those months working on Aly, I finally reach the point where I’m satisfied of the result. Therefore, the actual game build is giving me lot’s of errors when making a full build about bad stock meshes UVs. Some stock assets need LOD adjustments too. I decided to wait for the next game update before releasing the map.
I’ve also made small changes to Delta and Infiltrate. Noting visual but more about optimizations.
So, I started another DM map last week, wich is call DM-Aryth. It will be very different from my previous maps. This time, I’ll create a very abstract, clean and epured environment. I’m inspired by those UE4 projects below.
SingMeToSleep by acatalept
Hologram generator by Sebastian Maurer
DM-Aly post # 3, video preview as been watched more than 230 times, but sadly, only 3 peoples had leave a comment… so… a big THX to you 3 m8’s 😀
Since, I’m polishing the map the more I can and the most important part at this stage is the optimization step. I’m doing my best (THX to my UT3 experience!) to optimize the map and this is what as been done so far :
. All decals, particles are visible only in high mode.
. All hidden surfaces (BSP and SM) are using the stock ‘RemoveSurfaceMaterial’ to reduce memory usage.
. Landscape hidden areas have been set invisible.
. Manually determine culling values on many, many SM so they won’t be rendered if they aren’t visible to the camera.
. Finally, the longest part… many SM as been merged together. Doing this make the map file larger (the map file size as reach 506MB) BUT provide much more FPS reducing draw calls which is a must for low-mid end GPUs. I also made 2 to 4 additional LODs for each SM (imported and merged) depending on the SM.
Below, pics to show you few meshes with their LODs values just to show how drastic the draw calls as been reduced! Remember that everything is a WIP 😉