DM-Alpu 2050 is finish 😀
This is a 5 mins match against a bot, adept level. Few movements possibilities are showed 🙂
Therefore, there is 2 issues I want to fix that are bugging me before releasing it 😦 The issues are :
1. The camera is showing inside my player for 5 secs at the end of the match and before the post match where players are line up. Look from 5:15 to 5:20 per example. No clue where that come from.
2. There is a ‘stair effect’ when going down a ramp or stairs. Therefore, it goes smoothly when going up?! Again, another mystery.
Enjoy! ! !
I manage to get rid of all BSP from WIP # 1 in DM-Alpu 2050 and for the first time, achieve a industrial theme by using a pack of sci-fi assets! Magic is in the materials and lighting 😀
Lighting quality is set at ‘preview’ mode, the cheapest look the editor use for a quick lighting build. Also, when I record a video, I must disable HDR in Windows. Don’t know if it’s a bug related to NVidia or Windows or both but anyway, the level look way better when I activate HDR 🙂
I have 2 problems I couldn’t solve, even if I asked for help on various Discord channels, none of the proposed solution could fix the issues which are :
1. 7 secs before the match and at the end of the match, the camera is doing a close-up to the player instead of showing it entirely.
2. There is a ‘stair effect’ when going down a ramp or stairs. Therefore, it goes smoothly when going up?!
I’m fine tuning the level at the moment and hopefully hope to fix those issues. In all case, the level look awesome and plays great so if I can’t fix those issues, to bad and I’ll release it anyway.
DM-Y z e n as been updated to version 1.1. The update fix some materials compatibility with my work in progress level DM-Alpu 2050 which both levels are using the same asset pack and was causing some very weird issues in game 😮
Please, leave your feedback at my level page. THX in advance 😉
This is my remake of UT2004 DM-Alpu3 by Paul ‘Tonnberry’ Fahss. One of my favorite classic level 😀
In this very early recording, there is the original BSP & lighting. I added the basics like skylight + directional light + fog and post process.
I started to mesh the level a bit using the same assets as DM-Y z e n. Still, I don’t know if I’ll ever release it since the uncertain future of UT4 😦
Good news, DM-Trivial is now available 😀
Therefore… it might be my last UT4 level folks 😮 I wanted to release it December 23th as my Christmas gift for all UT4 players but with the latest news about Epic turning off online services and servers for some older games including all UT’s, I decided to release it right now since it’s freshly cooked 🙂
I hope there will be a solution to continue playing UT4 and make level for it. UT4UU seem to be the way to go but it’s to early to see how it will turn out. There is a Discord channel. If I can continue making levels, I’ll do for sure. Or else, this is my last UT4 project, sadly 😦
DM-Trivial, my current WIP level, will be my Christmas gift for all UT4 players 😁 I plan to release it December 23th if I finish it in time. So stay tune!
My current WIP level. I’ve made water effects when players are in a water volume. Wave, colors, etc. I’m only at the beginning of the construction of this level. This video concerns only the post process volume which is an important part of the immersion 🙂
I’ve made some little enhancements to DM-Elik. Those are the changes :
- Fix the point of view position before starting the match. For few seconds, players saw through the ground floor which was something I didn’t know how to fix.
- Change the suggested player count from 2 – 2 to 2 – 4.
- Tweak fog.
- Tweak lighting.
- Tweak lightmass values & few things in the world settings.
- Tweak Post Process volume.
- Rebuild lighting, production quality.
- Update preview screen
- Update the readme.
Enjoy the enhancements!