Name: Amissa Night Edition
Game type: DM / TDM
Players: 2 – 6
Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
Released: 15 / 12 / 11
Part of ‘UOF DM Map Pack’: UOF forum, Epic forum
Standalone version: GoogleDrive, MediaFire
Story / Histoire
You have been put on this peaceful, lost island in the middle of nowhere called ‘Amissa’ to win the tournament. This classic place has been renovated and redesigned to once again bring in the fate of bloodshed. Do not be fooled by the island simplicity or else, you will get yourself blow into pieces… and you will loose!
Vous avez été mis sur cette paisible île perdue au milieu de nulle part appelée ‘Amissa’ pour remporter le tournoi. Cet endroit classique a été rénové et repensé une fois de plus pour promouvoir des effusions de sang. Ne vous laissez pas berner par la simplicité de cette île, ou bien, vous allez vous faire exploser en petits morceaux… puis allez perdre !
The map files from the pack are (note; the standalone version doesn’t have the ‘UOF3′ prefix):
I wanted to make another small & simple map but I didn’t wanted to spend some time elaborating the layout so I started to build the map based on 1 of my top UT2004 map called DM-1on1-Albatros made by Ryan Brucks. This map is NOT a remake. I only look at the original layout as a starting point. I’ve recreated everything from scratch and add some Stevie’s twist 🙂
– For gameplay additions, when standing on the wood plank (near the vest armor, tight armor, KEG, UDamage and you will ear the wood cracking
– You will also ear a falling rock sound near the tight armor when getting close to the rock edge
– Custom materials, 95% of them are custom, made by me using mostly Nobiax textures
– Custom music. It’s an edited track from my UT2004 music collection called ‘Blowout’ by The Crystal Method
– Custom plants meshes which I add a slow wind effect. Again, coming from Nobiax static meshes
– All torches use a dynamic light
– The map as been optimized for TDM
– Note that the KEG can be reach with the Impact Hammer, Liandri Hacker mutator or any multijump mutator
– To create the night theme, I redid the lighting and ambient sounds completely, tweaked some materials and changed some decoration
Amissa and Amissa Night Edition. These maps obviously remind me of Albatross from UT2004 and I do like the result and look of the UT3 version. I honestly have to say, when I played this map for the first time, I didn’t get the deal of the lighting and ambience, but later I realized, that I like, because it fits to the map and looks good, especially the Night Edition. I’m a big fan of night maps, because there you can see, who knows how to do mapping and in this case, I love this one. Besides that, I also like this map, because I played it very much in UT2004. Still remember many 1v1s with my soul mates on this map and now I can do this in UT3!
The lighting really brings the map to life in this night edition and the opponents are somewhat harder to find. The cobwebs really come to life at night and the sky is great!