Story / Histoire
Following the deconstruction of an office building, the board of directors of Mégane city decided to sell the site. The city approved several private companies to build a underground housing project. Therefore, countless fights took place between the different companies. Following their endless quarrels, it was decided by the board to abandon the idea.
Suite à la déconstruction d’un édifice à bureau, le conseil d’administration de la ville de Mégane a décidé de vendre le site. La ville a donné son approbation à plusieurs entreprises privées de construire un projet domiciliaire souterrain. Hors, d’innombrables disputes ont eu lieu entre les différentes entreprises. Par conséquent, suite à leurs querelles interminables, il a été décidé par le conseil d’administration d’abandonner l’idée.
Extract the archive into “My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps” directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :
For this theme, It’s the first time I use a combination of brick and techy meshes & materials. My inspiration come from stock maps but as always, I use my own style of mixing the assets to obtain a different look and atmosphere. I also want to obtain an UT99 feel to it. The blue and red colors are pretty much dominant in UT99. My goal is to obtain the classic look and feel by using colors and no saturation. The main color is yellowish and all areas use little spots of blue and/or red colors like in the old times. Expect contrast and darker lighting in many spots, like in real life.
– Many broken / rotating fans
– A custom emitter for the dark smoke
– A garage door that move up / down
– A huge hi-tech tower with 2 rotating sections
– A platform of crates that goes up
– A yellow vibrating machine
– 2 floating / moving barrels in the water
– Red flashing lights for some defective machinery
– Many custom made materials (made for all buildings outside the play area, all floors, etc) and 3 custom meshes
– Enhanced many stock materials by adding more details maps, tweaking specularity, etc
– The map as been optimized for TDM